The Department of Natural Resources, Division of Forestry (DOF), gives notice under AS 38.05.945 that the Revised Preliminary Best Interest Finding prepared under AS 38.05.035(e) on DOF's intent to proceed with the Eagle Trail Fire and 2012 Blowdown Salvage Timber Sale NC - 1117 ADL - 420044 and is available for public review. This will be sold with a number of negotiated timber sales in the Tok Area. Your comments must be received by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, December 10 2014.
For more information or to submit comments please contact Jeff Hermanns, (907) 883-1400, Division of Forestry, P.O. Box 10, Tok, Alaska 99780; or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Department of Natural Resources complies with Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities who may need auxiliary aids, services, or special modifications to participate in this review may contact the number above.
- Eagle Trail Fire & 2012 Blowdown Salvage Sale NC 1117 (PDF 12.7MB)
- Eagle Trail Fire & Blowdown Salvage Sale Area Map (PDF 508KB)
- Eagle Trail Fire & Blowdown Salvage Sale Map #1 (PDF 415KB)
- Eagle Trail Fire & Blowdown Salvage Sale Map #2 (PDF 318KB)
Board of Forestry to Meet by Teleconference and Webinar December 9, 2014
The Board of Forestry will meet 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 9 to discuss statewide forestry issues. The meeting will be hosted by webinar and audio teleconference, and the public may join the meeting at the webinar/teleconference sites available in Fairbanks, Anchorage, Juneau, and Ketchikan. A copy of the draft agenda and a list of teleconference locations is available at the following link:
- Board of Forestry Meeting December 9, 2014 (PDF 197 KB)
For additional information about the meeting, or for special accommodations due to audio or visual impairment, contact Marty Freeman at email@example.com or 907-269-8467 prior to noon December 8.
State Starts Review of Reforestation Standards
- Introduction to reforestation review (Word 356 KB)
Forestry Social Media Sites
DOF now has Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube pages:
- http://www.facebook.com/AK.Forestry (Alaska DNR- Division of Forestry (DOF))
- http://twitter.com/#!/ak_forestry (@AK_Forestry)
- http://www.youtube.com/user/alaskadnrdof (Alaska DNRDOF)
Individual links to Youtube content:
- Alaska's Green Gold- Fueling Tok's Future http://youtu.be/hc2_UO5KW18
- State of Alaska Wildland Fire Crews http://youtu.be/V-maLRAroVY
- Incident Commander Simulations http://youtu.be/MRkvVsByynI
- Rural Alaska Fire Prevention Video http://youtu.be/yPJjod4uurc
- Safe Burning - Burn Barrels http://youtu.be/aIU5DNb11R8
- Alaska Wildland Fire Orientation (Part 1 of 20) http://youtu.be/pt9HAFRCh7s