Tok Area Timber Sale Schedule and Plans
Five Year Schedule of Timber Sales
- Tok Area FYSTS 2013-2017 (PDF 4MB)
Best Interest Findings
Eagle Trail Fire and 2012 Blowdown Salvage Timber Sale
- Eagle Trail Fire & 2012 Blowdown Salvage Sale NC 1117 (PDF 12.7MB)
- Eagle Trail Fire & Blowdown Salvage Sale Area Map (PDF 508KB)
- Eagle Trail Fire & Blowdown Salvage Sale Map #1 (PDF 415KB)
- Eagle Trail Fire & Blowdown Salvage Sale Map #2 (PDF 318KB)
Forest Land Use Plans
Over the Counter Sales
Tok Biomass Competitive Timber Sale (NC-1075T)
The Alaska Division of Forestry is offering for sale 700 to 900 acres of timber a year for a 25 year contract period. The goal of this contract is to harvest approximately 35,000 green tons of mixed species timber a year to reduce the risk of wildfire to the community of Tok. The timber being offered is described in the "Final Best Interest Finding for a Long Term Timber Sale for Biomass Utilization in Tok, Alaska NC-1075T" published on April 3, 2013. Interested parties in this sale should contact Jeff Hermanns at the Tok Forestry Area Office 907-883-1400.
- Notice of Timber Sale and Bidding Procedures (PDF 78KB)
- 2013 Prospectus Tok Biomass Sale (PDF 200KB)
- 2013 Tok Biomass Timber Contract Draft (PDF 230KB)
- Tok Biomass Timber Sale Contract Exhibit A (PDF 6MB)
- Timber Form Bid and Deposit Form (PDF 13KB)
The Division of Forestry issued a final decision to proceed with a 25-year timber sale near Tok, Alaska. This action affirms it is in the state's best interest to sell woody biomass material from state land to supply a local proposed facility for cogeneration and/or manufacturing forest products. The timber harvests will significantly reduce wildland fire risks to the Tok area.
- Final Decision for a Long Term Timber Sale for Biomass Utilization (PDF 6 MB)
- Final Decision Press Release (PDF)
- Tok Biomass Preliminary Best Interest Finding (PDF)
For more information, please contact the Area Forester, Jeffrey Hermanns, phone:(907) 883-1400.